Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bourne Again

I was in a movie today.  Hubby and I signed up to be extras in a movie being filmed in Las Vegas.  

And that's about all I am allowed to say about the whole thing.  No kidding.  We had to sign waivers that nothing could be put on social media regarding the experience with specific references.   The production company will sue me if I do.  Production companies seem to have deep pockets (except for paying extras -- see below).  Therefore, I'll tell you some things that I think are NOT going to get me sued regarding being an extra in a huge motion picture production.

First, hubby saved my life 4 times today when simulated gunfire and panic erupted. 

I got to stand 10 feet away from Matt Damon.  He's sooooooooooooooooooo handsome and when he smiles, he's adorable.

The cheap production company did not pay us for being extras, nor did they buy us lunch!!  The extras who were SAG (Stage Actors Guild) union members of course got paid and lunch.  For a movie that will make $1 billion at the box office, they can't buy us a sandwich?  geez

What I observed of the movie making process was a study in disorganization.  It seemed to me that what they needed was a good 1st grade teacher to step in who could tell people how to line up, where to go, where to stand and when to move.  Things could get done so much faster and more efficiently.  From what I saw, movie making seems to be 90% trying to get organized.  








No comments:

Post a Comment