Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Eau de Amarillo

As we hit the city limits of Amarillo, I glared at hubby.  I thought he had (how do I put this nicely) committed an air attack, flatulence, chemical warfare, a duck call, the nether belch. . . you get the picture.  He denied it vehemently, but he always does. . . then laughs.

Well, the odor continued and the thought occurred to me that this smell could be coming from OUTSIDE the car!   I opened the car window traveling down Route 66 at 60 miles per hour and the scent of cattle poo came flying inside.  Hubby was grinning ear to ear having been vindicated.

Turns out that there are cattle stockyards on the south side of Amarillo causing the whole town to stink.  We got a really good deal on our hotel because it's located on the south side of the town.

Ate dinner at a Route 66 iconic roadside restaurant called The Big Texan.   No chicken on the menu there!




No comments:

Post a Comment